Overview:- Salesforce is the world’s best CRM (Customer Relationship Management) product which is delivered to the subscribers as cost-effective Saas (software-as-a-service). Salesforce is basically a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management product. The best part about Salesforce CRM is that it does not need any IT expert to set up and manage the CRM. The user just has to log in and start this work of connecting to the customers. Salesforce CRM is used in sales, marketing, service, e-commerce
Development History:-Salesforce CRM was designed by a cloud-based software company Salesforce.com
Features of Salesforce CRM product
• Contact Management:- Salesforce manages complete data related to the contact with the customer.
• Opportunity Management:– Salesforce manages complete data which helps in progressing, identifying and also in closing a deal.
• Salesforce Engage:-Salesforce makes personalized contact with a customer for the different campaigns which are designed by the marketing team. This feature also shows real-time sales alerts which are based on the level of involvement with a customer.
•Sales Collaboration:- Salesforce supports in rapidly finding the experts who can support in making the deal happen based on the customer feedback and queries.
• Sales Performance Management:- Salesforce gives a metric-based goal setting, and it also gives constant feedback, recognition and rewards for the sales team. As a result, the performance of the sales team is enhanced.
• Lead Management:-Salesforce keeps the track of the leads which are in progress
• Partner Management:- Salesforce help in building up the community with the partners. It also assists in connecting straight with channel partners to share the goals, activities and objectives.
• Salesforce Mobile App:- Salesforce gives the mobile platform to manage all the activities from the mobile phone.
• Email Integration:-Salesforce integrates to an existing email platform and this integration gives flexibility to the already existing team.
Ques 1. What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the world’s best CRM (Customer Relationship Management) product which is delivered to the subscribers as cost effective Saas (software-as-a-service). Salesforce is basically a cloud based Customer Relationship Management product. The best part about Salesforce CRM is that it does not need any IT expert to setup and manage the CRM. The user just have to log in and start this work of connecting to the customers. Salesforce CRM is used in sales, marketing, service, e-commerce
Ques 2. Why Salesforce are the advantages of Salesforce?
Some of the main advantages of Salesforce are as follows:-
- Ensuring quicker and improved sales opportunity.
- Deploying an analytical approach to customer acquisition.
- Improving customer satisfaction and reducing the cost.
- Automation of repetitive and not so important tasks.
- Improved skilfulness and enhanced communication on all fronts
Ques 3. What are the key features of Salesforce?
The key features of Salesforce are:-
- Contact Management
- Opportunity Management
- Salesforce Engage
- Sales Collaboration
- Sales Performance Management
- Lead Management
- Partner Management
- Salesforce Mobile App
- Workflow and Approvals
- Email Integration
- Files Sync and Share
- Reports and Dashboards
- Sales Forecasting
- Territory Management
Ques 4. What is a custom object in the sales force?
Custom objects are the database tables which stores the data related to the company in Salesforce.com. Once the custom object is defined then some of the following things can be done on it
- Step 1:-Join the records with the custom objects.
- Step 2:-Custom object data are displayed in the custom lists.
- Step 3:-Create a custom tab for the custom object.
- Step 4:-Build the page layouts.
- Step 5:-Create dashboard & report for analysingthe custom object.
- Step 6:-Now the custom tab, app and object can be shared
Ques 5. What is the name of the different layers in the Salesforce architecture?
The name of the different layers in the Salesforce architecture are:-
- Trusted Multitenant Cloud
- Scalable Metadata Platform
- Enterprise Ecosystem
- CRM and Related Functionality
Ques 6. What is the name of the two types of relationships in Salesforce? Explain.
The name the two types of relationships in Salesforce are:-
- Lookup relationship.
- Master-detail relationship
Master-Detail Relationship:-Master-Detail Relationship is a parent-child relationship where Masters represent a parent and detail represent a child. In this relationship, the master object controls the behaviour of the child object which is dependent on the master.
Here, there is only one parent, but many children. Since master controls the detail, therefore, master field cannot remain empty. If the master field is deleted then all the dependent fields (child field) will also be deleted. This process is called a cascade delete.
Master-detail relationships can be defined between the two custom objects or between the standard object and a custom object until the time standard object is the master in the relationship.
Lookup relationship:-This relationship is also a parent-child relationship which is used when the user wants to create a link between the two objects but without depending upon the parent object. If the controlling field is deleted then the lookup field is not deleted which means the records in the child field will have no effect. There will be no impact on the security and access.
Ques 7. What are the standard profiles in Salesforce?
- System Administrator – Customization and the administration of the application.
- Standard User – Can update or delete, edit and view one’s own record.
- Read Only – Canjust view the records.
- Solution Manager – it comes with standard user permission but also can manage the categories and the published solutions.
- Marketing User – Is able to import leads into the company along with standard user permissions
Ques 8. Can you name the different types of Reports in Salesforce
- Tabular report: In this report, the grand total is shown in a table format.
- Matrix report: An in-depth report where there is a row –based and column-based grouping.
- Summary report: A report in which the grouping is done on the basis of the column.
- Joined report:A two or more reports are joined into one
Ques 9. What is a dashboard in Salesforce? How many reports can be added into it?
A dashboard is a pictural representation of any report. In one dashboard, 20 reports can be added.
Ques 10. Explain Apex in Salesforce?
An apex is an object-oriented programming language. Apex allows the coder to execute flows and transaction control statements. Apex enables coders to add business logic to system events such as button clicks related record updates and visualforce pages.
Ques 11. When the Apex should be used?
Apex programming language should be used:-
- To create Email service
- To Create web service
- To execute complex validation over multiple objects
- To create complicated business processes which are not supported by the workflow.
- To create a custom transaction logic
- To attach a custom logic to another operation
Ques 12. List down the difference between SOQL(Salesforce Object Query Language)and SOSL (Salesforce Object Search Language)?
|S no.||Salesforce Object Query Language||Salesforce Object Search Language|
|1||Only a single object can be searched at a time.||Many objects can be searched at a time.|
|2||Query all kinds of fields||Query only phone, text and email.|
|3||It can be utilised in triggers and in classes||It can be utilised only in classes but not in triggers|
|4||DML action can be performed on the query results||DML action cannot be performed on the query results|
Ques 13. What do you mean by the error state “list has no rows for assignment”?
The error state “list has no rows for assignment” indicates that the list the user is trying to access does not have any values.
Ques 14. List down the different types of object relations in Salesforce?
The three types of object relations in Salesforce:-
- One to many
- Many to many
Ques 15. What is the role of static resource in Salesforce CRM?
Ques 16. What do you mean by the term trigger in Salesforce?
A trigger is actually a code which is executed before the record is inserted or updated or after the record is inserted or updated.
Ques 17. What are Static and Dynamic Dashboards?
Static Dashboards:-Static dashboards are the basic normal dashboard which will be visible to any user who has created a report out of his data.
For Example-What a Sales Manager or a Marketing manager would be able to see on his Salesforce.
Dynamic Dashboards:-Dynamic dashboards are basically used to display the information which is for a particular user.
For Example:- If the Sales manager would like to view the report that has been created specific to only one of his team members, then the sales manager can use dynamic dashboards.
Ques 18. What are the different types of Dashboard Components?
The different types of Dashboard components are:-
- Chart:-Chart is used to show the graphical data.
- Gauge:-Gauge is used when a single value has to be shown within a range of custom values.
- Metric:-Metric is used when only one key value has to be displayed
- Table:-Table is used to show a set of report data in the form of a column.
- Visualforce Page:-Visualforce page is used when a custom component has to be created or when information has to be shown which is not available in some other component type.
- Custom S-Control:-Custom s-control contains the content that is displayed in a browser.
For example– an Active-X control, an Excel file, a Java applet or a custom HTML Web form.
Ques 19. What conditions can lead to data loss in Salesforce CRM?
Some of the conditions that can lead to data loss in Salesforce CRM are:-
- Changing the data and changing the date-time
- Migrating from other data types to number, currency, percent.
- Changing to other types from the checkbox, multi-select picklist, auto number
- Altering from any other type except a picklist to multi-select picklist.
- Changing to auto-number apart from the text
- Changing to phone, e-mail, text and URL from the text-area
Ques 20. How is SaaS (Software as a service)advantageous to Salesforce?
SaaS is fundamentally a subscription-based, so clients can have a choiceto discontinue using the program at any point of time without any penalisation other than clients will not be able to use Salesforce. SaaS is intended to support users to avoid startup fees and investments. SaaS applications use aneasy Internet interface which is supported by easy integration.
Ques 21. What is therole of sandbox org? What are the various types of sandboxes in Salesforce CRM?
A sandbox is used for the testing and for development purposes. Sandbox allows development on an Apex programming without troubling the production environment.
There are 4 types of Sandboxes:-
- Partial Copy
- Developer Pro
Ques 22. When can we use Sandbox org?
Sandbox can be used when the user wants to test a new Force.com application or a Visualforce page. The user can develop and test it in the Sandbox org only ratherthan doing it directly in production. In this way, the user can develop the application with no hassle and then move the metadata and the data (if applicable) to the production environment. Doing this activity in a non-production environment.
Doing this activity in a non-production environmentgives developers the freedom to test freely and experiment the applications end to end.
Ques 23. Can you name the different types of email templates which can be created in Salesforce?
The different types of email templates which can be created in Salesforce are:-
- Text:- Every user can create this template or change this template
- HTML with letterhead:-Administrators and users who have the permission of “Edit HTML Templates” can only create this template which is based on a letterhead.
- Custom HTML:- Administrators and users who have the permission of “Edit HTML Templates” can only create this template without the necessity of a letterhead
- Visualforce:-Administrators and developers can only create this template. Merging data from the multiple records is accessible only in this template