Microsoft Azure is actually a Microsoft’s cloud computing platform. Microsoft Azure is also known as Windows Azure. It is used for building, testing, deploying, and managing the applications and the services through the data centres which are managed by Microsoft.It also gives software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS). Microsoft Azure works on Linux and Windows operating systems. The first version of Microsoft Azure released in the year 2010.
Microsoft Azure supportsmany organisationsto meet their business challenges. With the help of Microsoft Azure using our favourite tools and frameworks applications can be built, manage and deploy ona global network. Microsoft Azure provides support to many programming languages, frameworks and tools. It also gives software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS)
Our collection of questions related to Microsoft Azure will be answered in the Microsoft Azure interview questions mentioned below.
Facts about Microsoft Azure
- Flexible – It moves the compute resources up and down as per the requirements.
- Open – Supports almost any language, framework or tool
- Reliable – It provides 24×7 tech support and 99.95% availability SLA
- Global – Data housed in geosynchronous data centres
- Economical – User only has to pay for the amount of space used.
Ques 1. What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure is actually a Microsoft’s cloud computing platform which is very open and flexible. Microsoft Azure gives a wide range of cloud services, including services for compute, networking, analytics and storage. Microsoft Azure is also known as Windows Azure. Microsoft Azure provides support to many programming languages, frameworks and tools. It also gives software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS). Microsoft Azure supports many organisations to meet their business challenges.
Ques 2. What do you mean by Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing makes the use of servers on the internet to store, manage and process the data. The difference is, instead of using our own servers, we are using someone else’s servers to do our task and then paying them for the amount of time we have used it for.
Ques 3. What are the different roles which are implemented in Microsoft Azure?
There are three roles which are implemented in Microsoft Azure:-
- Web Role
- Worker Role
- Virtual Machine Role
Web Role: It provides a web solution which is front-end.
Worker Role: It provides a solution tothe background service. It can run lengthy activities.
Virtual Machine Role: The web role and the worker role are executed on these virtual machines. The Virtual Machine Roles provides the client with the capacity to alter the virtual machine on which the web and worker roles are running.
This is one of the most fundamentalMicrosoft Azure interview questions.
Ques 4. What are the features of Microsoft Azure?
Some of the features of Microsoft Azure are:-
- Websites enable the designers to gather the sites utilizing PHP, ASP.NET etc and then send these websites utilizing Git, FTP etc
- QL Database, formally called as Azure database broadens, makes and also scales the application into the cloud utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
- This is a Microsoft’s platform as a service which supports the Multi-level applications and also an automated deployment.
Ques 5. Explain the three principle segments of Microsoft Azure Platform?
The three principle segments of Windows Azure are:- Compute, Storage, Fabric.
A. Windows Azure Compute
Windows Azure provides a code which can be managed by the hosting environment. It gives calculation benefit through parts. Windows Azure backs 3 types of roles:
• Web Role—used for web applications programming
• Worker Role:-used for the handling of web roles
• Virtual Machine Role:-moving the windows server applications to windows azure.
B. Windows Azure Storage
It gives four types of storage services:
- Queues for informing between the web parts and the worker roles.
- Tables for storing the structural data.
- Binary Large Objects (BLOBs) to store records, content, or any other vast information.
- Windows Azure Drives to mount a page blob and These can be transferred and can be downloaded by means of blobs.
C. Windows Azure AppFabric
AppFabric assist in five services:
- Service bus
Note: Go through this Question very thoroughly as this is one of the most important Microsoft Azure interview questions.
Ques 6. What do you know about table storage in Windows Azure?
The Windows Azure Table storage stores many organized data. Windows Azure tables are impeccable for putting away organized and a non-relational data
- Table: A table is a compilation of entities. Tables do not uphold a blueprint on the elements, which indicates a solitary table can contain substances which have distinctive arrangements of properties. A record can contain many tables
- Entity: An entity is an organization of properties like a database row. An entity can be of the size of up to 1MB
- Properties: A property is actually a name-value pair. To store the data each entity can incorporate up to 252 properties. Each entity similarly has 3 system properties that determine a row key, a segment key and a timestamp.
Ques 7. What are the three different cloud deployment models in Microsoft Azure?
The three different cloud deployment models in Microsoft Azure are:-
- Public Cloud: The Public Cloud infrastructure is completely owned by the user’s cloud provider and the server that the user is using can be a multi-tenant system.
- Private Cloud: The Private Cloud infrastructure is owned by the user or the user’s cloud provider gives the user that exclusive service. For example: Hosting my website on my servers, or hosting my website with my cloud provider on a dedicated server.
- Hybrid Cloud: When both Public Cloud and Private Cloud is used together then it is called Hybrid Cloud. For Example: Using my in-house servers for secret data, and the public cloud for hosting my company’s website. This kind of setup will be a hybrid cloud.
Ques 8. Which service is used to manage resources in Microsoft Azure?
In Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Manager is used to “manage” the infrastructures which involve manyAzure services. Azure Resource Manager can make use of simple JSON script tocollectively deploy, manage and delete all the resources.
Ques 9. What is do you understand by the term Availability Set in Microsoft Azure?
An availability set is fundamentally a logical grouping of Virtual machines which allows Microsoft Azure to understand how the application is built to give the redundancy and availability. It is suggested that, to provide for a highly accessible application and also to meet the 99.95% Azure SLA, two or more than twoVirtual machines are created within an availability set. When only a single Virtual machine is used with Azure Premium Storage, the Azure SLA applies for an unplanned maintenance event.
This is one of the most often asked Microsoft Azure interview questions.
Ques 10. Do scale sets work with Microsoft Azure availability sets? Please Explain.
Yes, scale sets work with Microsoft Azure availability sets. A scale set is actuallyt an implicit availability set having five fault domains and five update domains. Scale sets of more than 100 Virtual machines span various placement groups and these groups are equivalent to multiple availability sets. An availability set of Virtual machines can endure in the same virtual network as a scale set of Virtual machines. A common configuration is to put control node Virtual machines in an availability set and put the data nodes in the scale set.
Ques 11. Can you explain about Microsoft Azure Portal?
To run a specific application, a designer goes to the Microsoft Azure portal through his/ her Web program by doing a login with the help of a Windows Live ID. The User at that point chooses whether to create a host account for the running applications or to create a storage account for storing the data or to create both storage account and host account.
Once the designer gets a host account then the designer can make use of a Microsoft Azure portal to submit the applications to Windows Azure.
Ques 12. Can you explain the key concepts in a table in Microsoft Azure?
The key concepts in a table are:
- Table allows the structure data storage.
- In one storage account, there can be any number of tables(Range:-0..n)
- The table store the information as a collection of elements.
- An element has primary key and properties known as a key-value pair.
Ques 13. Explain about Azure App Service in Microsoft Azure?
Azure App Service is a well-managed Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering for skillful developers which conveys a rich arrangement of abilities to integration, mobile and web. Mobile Apps in Azure App Service offers a very much adjustable and universally accessible mobile application development platform for the Enterprise Developers and System Integrators whichimpart a rich set of capacities to mobile engineers.
Ques 14. What do you mean by profiling in Microsoft Azure?
Profiling is a process of measuring the performance of an application. Profiling is normally done to assure that the application is steady and the application can hold overwhelming traffic.
Visual Studio provides us with various tools to do it by gathering the performance information from the application that similarlysupports the troubleshooting issues.
Once the profiling process is run, it sets up the execution session and collects the sample data.
The profiling reports
- Decide the longest running schemes or strategies inside the application.
- In the call stack, it measures the execution time of each strategy.
- Assess memory allotment.
Ques 15. What is the role of Microsoft Azure Scheduler?
An Azure Scheduler enablesus to invoke the activities. For example, calling HTTP/S endpoints or presenting a message on a storage queue on whatever schedule. With the help of Scheduler, we make jobs in the cloud that dependably call services both inside and outside of Windows Azure and execute those jobs on demand, on a repeating schedule as per the routine, or assign them for a future date.
Ques 16. What is deployment environments in Microsoft Azure?
Azure gives two deployment environments for the cloud services: Staging Environment and Production Environment.
In the staging environment, we can test our deployment before we upgrade it to the production environment. These two deployment environments are distinguished by the VIPs (Virtual IP addresses)through which the cloud service is accessed. In the staging environment, the cloud service’s GUID (globally unique identifier) recognises itself in URLs (GUID.cloudapp.net). On the other hand in the production environment, the URL is completely based on the friendlier DNS prefix which assigned to the cloud service (for example:-myservice.cloudapp.net).
Ques 17. What is the function of Azure Diagnostics?
Azure Diagnostics is the Application program interface (API) which enables the user to collect the diagnostic data from those applications which are running in Azure. Azure Diagnostics should be enabled for cloud service roles to turn on the verbose monitoring.
Ques 18. Why is Azure Active Directory used in Microsoft Azure?
Azure Active Directory is an Access and identify Management system. Azure Active Directory is fundamentally used to allow access to particular products and services in the network.
For example: Salesforce.com. Azure AD has in-built support for the applications in its gallery that can be added directly.
Ques 19. What is Azure Redis Cache in Microsoft Azure?
Redis is a BSD licensed open source, in-memory data structure store which is used as a database, cache and as a message broker. Azure Redis Cache is somewhat based on the open-source Redis cache. It grants you access to a secured, dedicated Redis cache which is managed by Microsoft and it can be accessed from any application inside Azure. Azure Redis Cache supports data structures such as hashes, lists, strings, sets, sorted sets with bitmaps, hyperlog logs, range queries and geospatial indexes with the radius queries.
Ques 20. What is the use of the Cmdlet command in Microsoft Azure?
A cmdlet is a command which is used as a part of the Microsoft PowerShell environment. To automate the scripts which are in the command line cmdlets are summoned by the Windows PowerShell. Additionally, the Windows PowerShell runtime invokes them automatically through Windows PowerShell APIs.
Ques 21. List the options to manage session state in Microsoft Azure?
There are three optionsto manage session state in Microsoft Azure:-
- Windows Azure Caching
- SQL Azure
- Azure Table
Ques 22. What is the compute emulator in Microsoft Azure?
The compute emulator is actually a local emulator of Microsoft Azure that which can be used to build and test the application before deploying the application to Microsoft Azure.
Ques 23. What is csrun in Microsoft Azure?
csrun is a command-line tool which deploys a packaged application to the Microsoft Azure compute emulator and handles the running service.
Ques 24. What is cloud fabric in Microsoft Azure?
The cloud fabric is a combination of numerous virtualized instances which run the application of the client.
Ques 25. Explain about Microsoft Azure Platform.
Microsoft Azure Platform is a collective name of Microsoft’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering which gives a programming platform, a deployment vehicle, and also a runtime environment of cloud computing which is hosted in Microsoft data centres.
Ques 26. Explain difference between Microsoft Azure Queues and Microsoft Azure Service Bus Queues?
Microsoft Azure Queues gives a concrete, diligent messaging between and also within the services. Azure Queues also highlights a straight forward rest- based get/put/peek interface
Bus Queues are a part of a larger Windows Azure messaging framework which supports queuing.