10 years back, Amazon Web Services, the service arm of Amazon.com, was developed with little ballyhoo as a side business for Amazon.com. Today, it’s really a fruitful organization in its own right, riding an amazing $10 billion run rate. If you are an expert in cloud computing or if you’re looking to switch your career in any exciting field, chances are that you will want to learn Amazon Web Services, the most used cloud computing platform right now. Want to learn AWS basics or hone your expertise? Here we have provided the top most important and frequently asked AWS Interview Questions and Answers! From core concepts to basics, we got covered everything!
With so many information, tips and guides available online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the needed information that you’ll need to learn to be a proficient user. That’s why, we are here for you! SOFTWAREGUIDERS.com brings you list of top AWS interview questions created by a panel of AWS cloud experts.
Question 1: List of Components Required to Build Amazon VPC?
Ans: Subnet, Internet Gateway, NAT Gateway, HW VPN Connection, Virtual Private Gateway, Customer Gateway, Router, Peering Connection, VPC Endpoint for S3, Egress-only Internet Gateway.
Question 2: Different Types of Cloud Computing as Per Services?
Ans: PAAS (Platform As A Service), IAAS (Infrastructure As A Service), SAAS (Software As A Service)
Question 3: What is S3 Service in AWS?
Ans: S3, a Simple Storage Service from Amazon. You can move your files TO and FROM S3. It’s like FTP storage. You can keep your SNAPSHOTS in S3. You can also ENCRYPT your sensitive data in S3.
Question 4: What Is The Total Number Of Buckets That Can Be Created In AWS By Default?
Ans: 100 buckets can be created in each of the AWS accounts. If additional buckets are required, increase the bucket limit by submitting a service limit increase.
Question 5: How Can You Safeguard EC2 Instances Running On a VPC?
Ans: AWS Security groups associated with EC2 instances can help you safeguard EC2 instances running in a VPC by providing security at the protocol and port access level. You can configure both INBOUND and OUTBOUND traffic to enables secured access for the EC2 instance. AWS security groups are much similar to a firewall-they contain set of rules which filter the traffic coming into and out of an EC2 instance and deny any kind of unauthorized access to EC2 instances.
Question 6: What Are Some Of The Key Best Practices For Security In Amazon EC2?
- Create individual IAM (Identity and Access Management) users to control access to your AWS recourses. Creating separate IAM user provides separate credentials for every user making it possible to assign different permissions to each user based on the access requirements.
- Secure the WS Root account and its access keys.
- Harden EC2 instances by disabling unnecessary services and applications by installing only necessary software and tools on EC2 instances.
- Grant least privileges by opening up permissions that are required to perform a specific task and not more than that. Additional permissions can be granted as required.
- Define and review the security group rules on a regular basis.
- Have a well-defined strong password policy for all the users.
- Deploy anti-virus software on the AWS network to protect it from Trojans, Viruses, etc.
Question 7: How can you Send Request to Amazon S3?
Ans: Using the REST API or the AWS SDK wrapper libraries which wrap the underlying Amazon S3 REST API.
Question 8: Difference between Amazon S3 and EBS?
| ||Amazon S3||EBS|
|Paradigm||Object Store||File System|
|Security||Private Key or Public Key||Visible only to your EC2|
|Redundancy||Across data centers||Within the data center|
Question 9: What Are the Key Components of AWS?
The key components of AWS are:
- Route 53: A DNS web service
- Simple E-mail Service: It allows sending e-mail using RESTFUL API call or via regular SMTP
- Identity and Access Management: It provides enhanced security and identity management for your AWS account
- Simple Storage Device or (S3): It is a storage device and the most widely used AWS service
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): It provides on-demand computing resources for hosting applications. It is very useful in case of unpredictable workloads
- Elastic Block Store (EBS): It provides persistent storage volumes that attach to EC2 to allow you to persist data past the lifespan of a single EC2
- CloudWatch: To monitor AWS resources, It allows administrators to view and collect key Also, one can set a notification alarm in case of trouble.
Question 10: Can You Vertically Scale An Amazon Instance? If So, How?
Ans: Yes, you can vertically scale on Amazon instance. For that
- Spin up a new larger instance than the one you are currently running
- Pause that instance and detach the root webs volume from the server and discard
- Then stop your live instance and detach its root volume
- Note the unique device ID and attach that root volume to your new server
- And start it again
Question 11: Explain How The Buffer Is Used In Amazon Web Services?
Ans: The buffer is used to make the system more robust to manage traffic or load by synchronizing different component. Usually, components receive and process the requests in an unbalanced way, With the help of buffer, the components will be balanced and will work at the same speed to provide faster services.
Question 12: What Are the Different Storage Classes in S3?
Ans: Following are the types of storage classes in S3,
- Standard frequently accessed
- Standard infrequently accessed
- One-zone infrequently accessed.
- RRS – reduced redundancy storage
Question 13: What is CloudFront?
Ans: CloudFront is an AWS web service that provided businesses and application developers an easy and efficient way to distribute their content with low latency and high data transfer speeds. CloudFront is content delivery network of AWS.
Question 14: What is a Snowball?
Ans: Snowball is a data transport solution that used source appliances to transfer large amounts of data into and out of AWS. Using snowball, you can move huge amount of data from one place to another which reduces your network costs, long transfer times and also provides better security.
Question 15: Explain Amazon Kinesis Firehose?
Ans: It is fully sophistically managed service to deliver the real-time live streaming data to destinations like Amazon Simple Storage Service i.e., Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift.
Practical AWS Interview Questions and Answers
Question 16: Let to suppose you have an application where do you have to render images and also do some of general computing. Which service will be best fit your need?
Ans: Used on Application Load Balancer.
Question 17: You have an content management system running on the Amazon EC2 instance that is the approaching 100% CPU of utilization. Which option will be reduce load on the Amazon EC2 instance?
Ans: Let Create a load balancer, and Give register the Amazon EC2 instance with it.
Question 18: A user has to setup an Auto Scaling group. Due to some issue the group has to fail for launch a single instance for the more than 24 hours. What will be happen to the Auto Scaling in the condition?
Ans: The auto Scaling will be suspended to the scaling process.
Question 19: You are designing a multi-platform of web application for the AWS. The application will run on the EC2 instances and Till will be accessed from PCs, tablets and smart phones. Then Supported accessing a platforms are Windows, MACOS, IOS and Android. They Separate sticky sessions and SSL certificate took setups are required for the different platform types. Which do describes the most cost effective and Like performance efficient the architecture setup?
Ans: Assign to multiple ELBs an EC2 instance or group of EC2 take instances running to common component of the web application, one ELB change for each platform type. Take Session will be stickiness and SSL termination are done for the ELBs.
Question 20: How to access AWS Platform?
- AWS Console
- AWS CLI (Command line interface)
- AWS SDK (Software Development Kit)
Question 21: Is It Possible To Use Elastic Network Interfaces In A Way So That It Can Host Multiple Websites Which Are Required To Separate IP Addresses On A Single Instance?
Ans: Yes it is a possible scenario but not the best-suited use case in case of multiple interfaces. Apart from doing this it is much more logical to assign an additional private IP address to the instance and to associate the EIPs to the private IPs as per requirement.
Question 22: In Case Of Peering Connections, Is There Any Limitation On Bandwidth?
Ans: There is no difference in bandwidth between instances in peered VPCs and also between instances in the VPC. Peered VPCs can be spanned by a placement group. But you will not be provided with full bisects on bandwidth that is present between instances in peered VPCs.
Question 23: In Order To Control And Mane Amazon VPC, Is It Possible To Make Use Of AWS Management Console?
Ans: It is possible to use AWS management console to manage and control Amazon VPC objects that include subnets, virtual private cloud, IPsec VPN connections, and Internet gateways. Also, you can make use of a simple wizard in order to create a virtual private cloud.
Question 24: What Is Amazon Machine Image And What Is The Relation Between Instance And AMI?
Ans: Amazon Web Services provides several ways to access Amazon EC2, like web-based interface, AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) and Amazon Tools for Windows PowerShell. First, you need to sign up for an AWS account and you can access Amazon EC2.
Amazon EC2 provides a Query API. These requests are HTTP or HTTPS requests that use the HTTP verbs GET or POST and a Query parameter named Action.
Question 25: What is Status Checks in AWS EC2?
Ans: System Status Checks – System Status checks will look into problems with instance which needs AWS help to resolve the issue. When we see system status check failure, you can wait for AWS to resolve the issue, or do it by our self.
- Network connectivity
- System power
- Software issues Data Centre’s
- Hardware issues
- Instance Status Checks – Instance Status checks will look into issues which need our involvement to fix the issue. if the status check fails, we can reboot that particular instance.
- Failed system status checks
- Memory Full
- Corrupted file system
- Kernel issues
Hope you love this collection of AWS Interview Questions and Answers! For sure, these AWS interview questions will help you get through the door. It is good to learn Amazon Web Services (AWS) for theoretical benefits. But if know how to handle interview questions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), you can convert your Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge into higher salary.
From time to time, we keep adding more questions to this course. Our aim is to keep you always updated with the latest interview questions on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Stay tuned with SOFTWAREGUIDERS.com!